Co-create a brave space where all can examine their own racisim and commit to anti-racisim actions.
Members of the SLCC community who identify as White are invited to register.
Participants must register for all four workshops - CB12, CB13, CB14 and CB15
Workshop 4 - Anti-racism in our local and global communities
• Systemic racism and systemic change
• Intersecting identities and converging challenges:
• REDI and the pandemic, protests, elections, polarization, threats to democracy, climate change
• Castagno I don’t want to hear that
• Catch yourself in the flow of racism
• Matias Zembylas 2014
• Dialogue in social justice work (Derezotes)
• Jones Limits cross cultural dialogue
In-class practice and experimental learning will include:
• Practice in dialogue
• Theories of change
• Acknowledging my work and moving forward
Dr. David Derezotes -Dr. Dave- is Professor, University of Utah, Chair of Mental Health, College of Social Work, Director of Peace and Conflict Studies, College of Humanities, Fellow, Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence, Facilitator for President Watkin's Anti-Racism Task Force.
You must register for all four workshops in the MySLCC Employee Training Portal to be able to attend.
Questions? Contact Deanne.Arvizu@slcc.edu
Wednesday, April 7 at 10:30am to 12:00pmVirtual Event