Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (Part 1)
This workshop is Quality Matters’ introduction to the Quality Matters Rubric and the process of using the QM Rubric to review online courses. It is intended for a broad audience, including full-time faculty, instructional designers, and administrators who wish to understand more about the QM Rubric and process of course review. This course is taught by certified Quality Matters facilitators. After completing this workshop, you will be able to:
- Identify the underlying principles of QM.
- Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components.
- Apply the QM Rubric to review online courses.
- Make decisions on whether a sample course meets selected QM Rubric Standards.
- Apply the concept of alignment (specifically, the alignment of course objectives, outcomes, assessments, and activities).
- Draft helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course. This workshop is open to full-time faculty, and is a prerequisite to becoming a certified Quality Matters peer reviewer.
This workshop is split over two days: Feb. 21-22, from 1:00-4:30 both afternoons. You need to attend both days.
Wednesday, February 21 at 1:00pm
Technology Building, TB322A