This course is taught fully online by certified Quality Matters facilitators. New cohorts begin almost every Tuesday. The course runs for two weeks, and participants will spend about 10 hours per week on coursework.
This workshop is Quality Matters’ introduction to the Quality Matters Rubric and the process of using the QM Rubric to review online courses. It is intended for a broad audience, including full-time faculty, instructional designers, and administrators who wish to understand more about the QM Rubric and process of course review. This course is a prerequisite to becoming a certified Quality Matters peer reviewer.
After completing this workshop, you will be able to:
· Identify the underlying principles of QM.
· Identify the critical elements of the QM quality assurance program, including the QM Rubric, materials, processes, and administrative components.
· Apply the QM Rubric to review online courses.
· Make decisions on whether a sample course meets selected QM Rubric Standards.
· Apply the concept of alignment specifically, the alignment of course objectives, outcomes, assessments, and activities.
· Draft helpful recommendations for course improvement by citing annotations from the QM Rubric and evidence from the course.
Register through your MySLCC portal under the Employee Tab. Choose Register for Training, and choose Register for Training again. Choose Faculty Development and then "Applying QualityMatters Rubric".
After registering, SLCC's Quality Matters Coordinator will email you instructions for registering with Quality Matters.
Monday, August 20, 2018
Online Course, Online